Chase the fitness dream
Tue 12 March 2019, 3:27 pm
Shaun Wallace, the ‘dark destroyer’ from ITV quiz show The Chase, joined in the celebrations to mark new and improved facilities becoming available at Harrow Leisure Centre.
He opened the refurbished gym following investment of £400,000 in the site. The gym has been custom-designed following feedback from users and has 192 fitness stations and a refurbished group studio that includes a spring-loaded floor and new mood lighting.
“I felt a bit like royalty opening the gym and it was a tremendous honour to be asked,” said Wallace. “Everyone was very welcoming from the moment I arrived in reception, while I toured the site and in the gym itself when we cut the ribbon. After that, I enjoyed a great audience for my talk and plenty of interest in my work on The Chase and my new autobiography. It was especially pleasing to have so many youngsters in the audience, asking really good questions.”
To celebrate the opening, the centre offered free activities including swimming, football and badminton sessions, soft play and rollerskating.
If you are interested in reading more about Harrow, subscribe to our newsletter
- Barratt London supports Harrow charities
- Developer for Chichester court selected
- STEM subjects promoted in Harrow
- Innovative knee surgeries at Central Middlesex Hospital
- Former Kodak redevelopment moves forward
- Baking start-up wins business award
- West End comes to Harrow
- New funding for parks
- Redrow scheme nearly sold out
- Open triangle meets with approval