Library services look to the future
by Debbie Ashford Fri 9 March 2018, 9:55 am
Grade II-listed Kenton Library has been restored to its former glory following a refurbishment to give it a new look and better facilities.
The library retains spruced-up original shelving and gains new study spaces and charging points.
Harrow Council has assumed responsibility for the management of the borough's library service, which had been run by now-defunct Carillion Integrated Solutions, to ensure services are maintained.
It is considering the best way to provide continuity and stability in the future, which could be retaining management in-house or securing another provider to manage the service.
If you are interested in reading more about Harrow, subscribe to our newsletter
- Barratt London supports Harrow charities
- Developer for Chichester court selected
- STEM subjects promoted in Harrow
- Innovative knee surgeries at Central Middlesex Hospital
- Former Kodak redevelopment moves forward
- Baking start-up wins business award
- West End comes to Harrow
- New funding for parks
- Redrow scheme nearly sold out
- Open triangle meets with approval