Glowing school report for Harrow
by Debbie Ashford Fri 9 March 2018, 9:51 am
An independent study has marked Harrow out as the best place in the country for its education.
A report by the Education Policy Institute, which carries out independent research and is run by former schools minister David Laws, said that Harrow has the best access to high quality school places and also showed the greatest increase in high performing secondary school places from 2010-2015. The report judged schools according to pupils' progress and the number of good quality school places available to local populations.
Christine Robson, Harrow Council's portfolio holder for children, schools and young people, said: "Make no mistake, this is about everyone working together with a focus on education as a means of bringing prosperity and success to the next generation here in Harrow."
Ninety-one per cent of Harrow's primary schools are also rated 'good' or 'outstanding'.
If you are interested in reading more about Harrow, subscribe to our newsletter
- Barratt London supports Harrow charities
- Developer for Chichester court selected
- STEM subjects promoted in Harrow
- Innovative knee surgeries at Central Middlesex Hospital
- Former Kodak redevelopment moves forward
- Baking start-up wins business award
- West End comes to Harrow
- New funding for parks
- Redrow scheme nearly sold out
- Open triangle meets with approval