Flats for West Harrow
by Natalie Vincent Thu 7 December 2017, 10:34 am
Work on a housing development on the site of a former car park in West Harrow will begin in May 2018.
Planning consent was granted in September for 33 privately rented apartments on Vaughan Road, which will be owned and managed by Harrow Council as part of its build-to-rent initiative.
The developer for the scheme is Rooff, with homes designed by Adam Khan Architects. Residents are expected to move in by autumn 2019.
Ward councillor for West Harrow, Christine Robson, praised the plans: "We are building a better Harrow, and with this scheme we are making sure we build homes for Harrow residents.
"Alongside these new homes, we will invest in improving the area around the site, so all local residents can truly benefit."
If you are interested in reading more about Harrow, subscribe to our newsletter
- Barratt London supports Harrow charities
- Developer for Chichester court selected
- STEM subjects promoted in Harrow
- Innovative knee surgeries at Central Middlesex Hospital
- Former Kodak redevelopment moves forward
- Baking start-up wins business award
- West End comes to Harrow
- New funding for parks
- Redrow scheme nearly sold out
- Open triangle meets with approval