Fri 1 December 2017, 5:18 pm
Harrow has recruited its 500th apprentice through its Xcite employment scheme.
Stevie Barrow joined Harrow Leisure Centre as a fitness instructor apprentice and is set to study a business course to develop her career in personal training.
She says: "After gaining some experience in my local gym, I knew the fitness industry is where I wanted to be - I just needed a little help and guidance progressing my career.
"The Xcite team were so helpful and after speaking to them I realised an apprenticeship was what I was looking for. With an apprenticeship you get stuck in and can actually apply the new skills you’ve learned so it’s easier to understand."
Xcite scheme has been supporting people to find work since 2009 and received a newly established Place West London Award earlier this year, which recognises excellence and innovation in economic development and regeneration across the West London region.
If you are interested in reading more about Harrow, subscribe to our newsletter
- Barratt London supports Harrow charities
- Developer for Chichester court selected
- STEM subjects promoted in Harrow
- Innovative knee surgeries at Central Middlesex Hospital
- Former Kodak redevelopment moves forward
- Baking start-up wins business award
- West End comes to Harrow
- New funding for parks
- Redrow scheme nearly sold out
- Open triangle meets with approval