Upgrades for schools
by Debbie Ashford Mon 13 March 2017, 9:57 am
Building works to increase the size of three schools are nearing completion.
Longfield and Grimsdyke primary schools and Welldon Park infant school are all expanding from three to four-form entry in the council’s school expansion programme.
The improvements, carried out by Willmott Dixon, will also upgrade catering facilities to make it easier to provide hot meals, create extra space for special educational needs and update play areas.
Errol Brown from consulting engineers Arcadis says the schools’ growth and development will deliver immediate benefits, providing a contemporary learning environment for the wider local community.
In addition, work to expand and refurbish two further structures, Welldon Park junior school and Stag Lane primary, will start later in 2017.
If you are interested in reading more about Harrow, subscribe to our newsletter
- Barratt London supports Harrow charities
- Developer for Chichester court selected
- STEM subjects promoted in Harrow
- Innovative knee surgeries at Central Middlesex Hospital
- Former Kodak redevelopment moves forward
- Baking start-up wins business award
- West End comes to Harrow
- New funding for parks
- Redrow scheme nearly sold out
- Open triangle meets with approval