New homes for Harrow
by Marco Cillario Tue 22 December 2015, 10:19 am
Around 320 flats are to be built on College Road in Harrow.
Harrow Council approved an application on 16 December submitted by housing association Hyde Group for the redevelopment of the former Harrow post office.
The plan is to bring the site back into use, providing new homes in buildings of up to 20 storeys. At least 50 of these shall be affordable, according to the planning application.
The developer is also planning to build a 1,672sq m central library for the borough.
The design will be a series of three buildings of up to 20 storeys.
The plan includes 2,413sq m of public space with a new square, which will be able to accommodate street markets and pop-up events.
Also, 862sq m of floorspace will be provided for retail, office accommodation, cafes, restaurants, pubs and bars.
If you are interested in reading more about Harrow, subscribe to our newsletter
- Barratt London supports Harrow charities
- Developer for Chichester court selected
- STEM subjects promoted in Harrow
- Innovative knee surgeries at Central Middlesex Hospital
- Former Kodak redevelopment moves forward
- Baking start-up wins business award
- West End comes to Harrow
- New funding for parks
- Redrow scheme nearly sold out
- Open triangle meets with approval